Chatham Waters is a project being constructed at Chatham Docks (Chatham Waters Phase 1, Gillingham Gate Road, ME4 4FT).
It will provide 193 PRS apartments from a combination of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom types; built in two blocks with 1 block at 7 storeys high, and the other at 6 storeys high. Connecting these 2 blocks is a base build retail / commercial space at Ground Floor overlooking the docks, and with a roof garden located above for resident’s private use. Piled foundations will support a steel transfer structure at first floor upon which a precast concrete superstructure with sandwich panel external walls will contain aluminium windows and projecting balconies to complete the envelope. Internal courtyard arrangement will house residents parking and ancillary spaces for plant, refuse and the like.
The Project key specifics are as follows:
- Client is Peel Developments
- Contract Value circa £31.5M
- Start on site anticipated mid-October 2018 - completion anticipated Winter 2020.
Commercial Site role will include the following duties:
- To work alongside Commercial Lead to fulfil the Commercial team functions for the scheme including;
- Production and management of Procurement Schedules.
- Production and management of Commercial Plan, Workload/Cashflow
- Preparation of the monthly Cost/Value Reconciliation report.
- Preparation of Interim Applications for Payment
- Preparation of loss/expense submissions as necessary.
- Preparation of EoT submissions
- Analyse, produce response and resolve sub-contractors EoT/L&E claims.
- Produces and generates Value Engineering Ideas. Understands and furthers VE ideas generated from wider team/external sources.
- Utilise Change/Variation Control process for Client and Sub-Contractors.
- Effectively represents Russell’s interests in meetings and via any other methods of communication.
- Procures Sub-Contractors including resolution of contractual negotiations, producing robust orders, attaining market cost of packages ensuring all contractual, interface, scope, specification issues are resolved to minimise post-contract Variations.
- Ensures all appointed Sub-Contractors are part of Russell’s supply chain and accord with Russell’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Measurement and agreement of subcontractors’ accounts.
- Fully understands the Main Contract procedures and conditions of the scheme
- Fully understands and operates payment provisions of contract.
- Understands and applies the Contractual Principles detailed within the Russells Sub-Contract.