Chatham Waters is a project being constructed at Chatham Docks (Chatham Waters Phase 1, Gillingham Gate Road, ME4 4FT).
It will provide 193 PRS apartments from a combination of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom types; built in two blocks with 1 block at 7 storeys high, and the other at 6 storeys high. Connecting these 2 blocks is a base build retail / commercial space at Ground Floor overlooking the docks, and with a roof garden located above for resident’s private use. Piled foundations will support a steel transfer structure at first floor upon which a precast concrete superstructure with sandwich panel external walls will contain aluminium windows and projecting balconies to complete the envelope. Internal courtyard arrangement will house residents parking and ancillary spaces for plant, refuse and the like.
The Project key specifics are as follows:
- Client is Peel Developments
- Contract Value circa £31.5M
- Start on site anticipated mid-October 2018 - completion anticipated Winter 2020.
Design Manager role will include the following duties:
- Manage & co-ordinate all design matters and the Design Team.
- Ensuring design meets relevant BS’s, Codes of Practice, Legislation and the like, and that it meets the Employer’s Requirements.
- Leading the Design Team Meetings and taking accurate minutes to ensure designers deliver on agreed dates etc.
- Reviewing design to ensure buildability is incorporated.
- Reviewing design to ensure all Health and Safety / CDM matters are mitigated during the design process.
- Liaising with the Project Team, Estimating Department & Russells Senior Team.
- Value engineering with your team, ensuring best value is achieved at all stages through good design, looking at alternative materials and reviewing levels etc.
- Responsibility for ensuring and checking the implementation of design on-site.
- Managing the Design Team to ensure as-built drawings show any agreed amendments made on- site.
- Producing the Design Responsibility Matrix & assisting with Design Appointments.
- A full design role will be established with your input on arrival.