Chatham Waters is a project being constructed at Chatham Docks (Chatham Waters Phase 1, Gillingham Gate Road, ME4 4FT).
It will provide 193 PRS apartments from a combination of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom types; built in two blocks with 1 block at 7 storeys high, and the other at 6 storeys high. Connecting these 2 blocks is a base build retail / commercial space at Ground Floor overlooking the docks, and with a roof garden located above for resident’s private use. Piled foundations will support a steel transfer structure at first floor upon which a precast concrete superstructure with sandwich panel external walls will contain aluminium windows and projecting balconies to complete the envelope. Internal courtyard arrangement will house residents parking and ancillary spaces for plant, refuse and the like.
The Project key specifics are as follows:
- Client is Peel Developments
- Contract Value circa £31.5M
- Start on site anticipated mid-October 2018 - completion anticipated Winter 2020.
Lead Commercial role will include the following duties:
- Overall commercial responsibility for the scheme
- Manages the Commercial team to deliver company objectives, and is a sounding board/seen as a source of information for other members of the wider QS team.
- Produces and manages Procurement Schedules & linked IRS.
- Prepares and monitors the project Commercial Plan, Workload/Cashflow with the Project Team.
- Prepares monthly Cost/Value Reconciliation report. Fully understands the purpose and rationale of reporting. Able to accurately complete report and succinctly deliver comment.
- Assesses any opportunity/risk which has arisen or might arise and which could affect the business/project. Implements actions to minimise/eradicate risk or enhance/increase opportunity.
- Produces and generates Value Engineering Ideas. Understands and furthers VE ideas generated from wider team/external sources.
- Preparation of interim Applications for Payment and agreement with Client. Can advance and conclude complex contractual/financial issues in Client Accounts. Agreement of Final Account with Client.
- Ensure Change/Variation Control process is established, monitored and actioned effectively
- Negotiate with Client’s representatives and other consultants on all matters within realm of expertise. Where issues are outside of Commercial field, able to understand and succinctly provide input to wider team to enable resolution.
- Effectively represents Russell’s interests in meetings and via any other methods of communication.
- Procures Sub-Contractors including resolution of contractual negotiations, producing robust orders, attaining market cost of packages ensuring all contractual, interface, scope, specification issues are resolved to minimise post-contract Variations.
- Ensures all appointed Sub-Contractors are part of Russell’s supply chain and accord with Russell’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Measurement and agreement of subcontractors’ accounts.
- Fully understands the Main Contract procedures and conditions of the scheme & communicates the main provisions to Commercial and wider project teams.
- Fully understands and operates payment provisions of contract.
- Preparation of loss/expense submissions as necessary. Able to agree/resolve RCL rights under the contract.
- Preparation of EoT submissions gathering all facts in substantiation.
- Fully understands principles of Collateral Warranties and can complete negotiation of terms.
- Ensures successful delivery and execution of CW from Design Team & Sub-Contractors.
- Understands and applies the Contractual Principles detailed within the Russells Sub-Contract.
- Ability to analyse, respond and resolve sub-contractors EoT/L&E claims.
- All Quantity Surveying duties including measurement, valuation and agreement of work sections.
- Monitors progress on site, including sub-contractors progress is to programme.
- Ensures all information is received and compiled for the as-built and maintenance files in accordance with the Contract.