Chatham Waters is a project being constructed at Chatham Docks (Chatham Waters Phase 1, Gillingham Gate Road, ME4 4FT).
It will provide 193 PRS apartments from a combination of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom types; built in two blocks with 1 block at 7 storeys high, and the other at 6 storeys high. Connecting these 2 blocks is a base build retail / commercial space at Ground Floor overlooking the docks, and with a roof garden located above for resident’s private use. Piled foundations will support a steel transfer structure at first floor upon which a precast concrete superstructure with sandwich panel external walls will contain aluminium windows and projecting balconies to complete the envelope. Internal courtyard arrangement will house residents parking and ancillary spaces for plant, refuse and the like.
The Project key specifics are as follows:
- Client is Peel Developments
- Contract Value circa £31.5M
- Start on site anticipated mid-October 2018 - completion anticipated Winter 2020.
Project Manager role will include the following duties:
- Pre-contract / Contract / Post-contract management
- Management of all activities on site ensuring workmanship is compliant with the relevant standards and good practice
- Leading pre-contract design and procurement of contracts
- Project reporting to Line Management
- Liaising with Clients
- Leading and managing the design team to ensure designs are completed within suitable timescales
- Establish and monitoring of Construction & Target Programmes
- Value engineering with your team, ensuring best value is achieved at all stages
- Responsibility for ensuring that all works are carried out to the drawings provided. Liaising closely with the professional team to ensure best practices are adopted, with all changes being agreed and drawings revised accordingly
- Responsible for the supervision/management of your construction site and team
- Monitoring sub-contract progress on site, ensuring programmes are monitored at all times
- Ensuring works are completed to a high standard and inspected prior to payment being made
- Ensuring that all variations are recorded, keeping accurate records of additional work carried out and liaising closely with your surveyor
- Attending Client and sub-contract meetings
- Checking quality on site at all times
- Ensuring that all information is kept for the as-built file and making sure the as-built files are completed for the contract, including all statutory certificates from building control and the fire officer etc.
- Ensuring design responsibilities are distributed correctly
- Producing detailed minutes of client and sub contract meetings to ensure actions are distributed accurately to all concerned
Health, Safety & Environmental responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that you have all relevant documentation on site before your projects proceed
- Keeping our health and safety manager/s informed on all changes which they need to be aware of
- Ensuring that all operatives on site are working safely and within the guidelines set out by the HSE and our Health, Safety & Environmental Management Systems
- Ensuring that you do not proceed with works unless you have a risk assessment/method statement for all works, making sure that any recommendations made by our health and safety manager are implemented in the correct time. Ensuring that all operatives on site are inducted prior to starting work.
- Setting a good personal example at all times.