Chatham Waters is a project being constructed at Chatham Docks (Chatham Waters Phase 1, Gillingham Gate Road, ME4 4FT).
It will provide 193 PRS apartments from a combination of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom types; built in two blocks with 1 block at 7 storeys high, and the other at 6 storeys high. Connecting these 2 blocks is a base build retail / commercial space at Ground Floor overlooking the docks, and with a roof garden located above for resident’s private use. Piled foundations will support a steel transfer structure at first floor upon which a precast concrete superstructure with sandwich panel external walls will contain aluminium windows and projecting balconies to complete the envelope. Internal courtyard arrangement will house residents parking and ancillary spaces for plant, refuse and the like.
The Project key specifics are as follows:
- Client is Peel Developments
- Contract Value circa £33.5M
- Start on site April 2019 - completion anticipated Winter 2021.
Senior / Site Engineer role will include the following duties:
- Assisting the Project Team supervise sub-contractors
- Keeping accurate as-built records
- Communicating site information/surveys to the design team
- Instrument calibration records & compliance
- Ensuring on-site compliance with Engineers/Architects etc. Specifications
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
- Checking sub-contractor setting out in line with construction drawings
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Helping the Project Team resolve any unexpected technical difficulties & problems that may arise
- Identify any opportunities for value engineering
- Monitoring site survey control
- Issuing/closing out RFI’s between the Site Team and Design Team
- Issuing and closing out Non-Conformance Reports where required
- Keeping an accurate daily site diary
- Completing pre-pour / post-pour inspections
- Documenting and filing all post pour information and QA
- Temporary Works: preparing design briefs for the TW Designers and checking on-site installations
- Keeping accurate ground work as-built records and quantities for the Russells Commercial Team
- Liaising with Statutory Authorities
- Attend Weekly Progress Meetings with the Sub-Contractors
Health, Safety & Environmental responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that you have all relevant documentation on site before your projects proceed.
- Keeping our health and safety manager/s informed on all changes which they need to be aware of.
- Ensuring that all operatives on site are working safely and within the guidelines set out by the HSE and our Health, Safety & Environmental Management Systems.
- Ensuring that you do not proceed with works unless you have a risk assessment/method statement for all works, making sure that any recommendations made by our health and safety manager are implemented in the correct time.
- Ensuring that all operatives on site are inducted prior to starting work.
- Promote a positive Health, Safety & Environmental culture in the business and demonstrate visible leadership including showing personal involvement and setting a good personal example at all times.
- Advice and assistance with the preparation, review and update of contract specific Health, Safety & Environmental Plans (e.g. Contract Management Plan).